Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Shaq Obituary




Dear Friends of Shaq,


It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that Shaq, my best friend over the last 16 years, has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. He joins my beloved Shasta, Zoe and Nanda waiting for me to join them.


Over the past few days Shaq had trouble lying down and it was clearly painful for him to get down. He had more trouble with his balance and would run into things. Rather then prolong the agony I decided to do what I hope others will do for me one day and help him over the rainbow bridge.


Shaq was born in Montana, He lived an amazing life having been a champion field trial and big air dog. He traveled everywhere with me, including each time I went home to Montana. He loved going to Montana, when we would go over Bozeman Pass he would perk up and get excited. He also loved visiting the cabin in Polaris. Here is a link to his stories. www.shaqtails.blogspot.com


I have known that this day was coming. I had hoped that he could last until after the upcoming Heart of Texas Lab Rescue Fundraiser at The Fairmount Hotel on Nov 7th and make an appearance. But it was not to be. So many were looking forward to seeing him.


I have many wonderful paintings and pictures of my dear Shaq to remember him by. He will live forever in my heart. I will always remember the days he and Shasta would spend swimming at Red Bud Isle.


If you could make a donation to Heart of Texas Lab Rescue in his name he would appreciate it. www.hotlabrescue.org.


Goodbye Dear Friend